Moelans bvba is specialized in performing I&C Technical Audits (TA) of LM6000/2500 installations.
This is a 5 to 7 days total I&C investigation using a large fleet of high-end Instrumentation Tooling.
The purpose of a Technical Audit is to investigate the whole I&C area of the gas turbine and control system in order to:
- Find possible contributors to spurious trips.
- Check the quality of the sensor loop signals – signal purity checks.
- Check all the connections in junction boxes and Control System cabinets.
- Check the hardware of the Control System
- Establish a quality base line reference that can be used for improvement projects.
Also part of the TA are:
- Loop calibrations
- On-Engine instrumentation checks to rigid criteria
- Fuel Skid checks
- Step response time checks
- Calibration of the Variable Geometry
- DLE Mapping Check (in case of 7 days TA).
As a result of the TA a comprehensive report will be generated.
The customer gets a very detailed overview about the quality of his I&C installation.
The customer also will be advised on possible improvements and or how to improve the preventive maintenance practices.
Another high-end service of Moelans bvba is: RAM Projects.
RAM stands for Reliability, Availability, Maintainability.
The purpose of these projects is to increase the Reliability and Availability figures of a LM6000/2500 DLE installation.
The results of the Technical Audits can be used as input and start of the project design.
Possible RAM Projects can be:
- Hardware redundancy
- Added Software Intelligence
- Maintenance Procedures
- Maintenance Practices